Volunteer Bill of Rights
Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet© is dedicated to provide the information and materials needed by those individuals who have determined they wish to be part of the Organization’s National and/or State volunteer teams which includes but is not limited to the following:
- The right to be treated as a “team member”, not just “free help” or a prima donna.
- The right to a suitable assignment, with consideration for personal preference, temperament, life experience, education and employment background.
- The right to know as much about the organization as possible, it mission, is policies, its clients, and its programs.
- The right to training for the selected volunteer role, thoughtfully planned and effectively presented.
- The right to sound guidance and direction, by someone who is experienced, well-informed, patient and thoughtful.
- The right to a place to work, orderly, designated, conducive to work and suitable for the volunteer work to be done (applicable to the National office “on-site” volunteers).
- The right to enhance skills and knowledge, through advancement to assignments of more responsibility.
- The right to be heard, to have respect shown for comments and suggestions.
- The right to recognition, through means of appreciation and by being treated as a bone-fide “team member”.