Virtual Volunteer Manual
When an individual signs up to volunteer with Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet, they receive a Virtual Volunteer Manual with all of the information they need to be a volunteer of the organization.
Virtual Volunteers Commit To
- Understand and be committed to the Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet© mission.
- Read, be familiar with, and adhere to the Organization’s policies and procedures.
- Recognize that volunteer commitment is a significant responsibility.
- Strive to achieve the highest quality, effectiveness, and dignity in both the process and programs of the organization
- Appreciate that, when identifiable as a part of Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet©, volunteer behavior and actions reflect on the organization.
- Protecting the privacy of other volunteers, our clients, our foster homes, and public stakeholders, plus commit to being clear, transparent, and accountable when dealing with the information shared with you.
- Refrain from public criticism of fellow volunteers, staff, our clients, foster homes, and demonstrate passion and commitment to the organization.
- Request assistance, training, and/or supervision when uncertain or unable to carry out duties to a high level of efficiency and quality.
- Provide feedback to assist in the continued quality improvement of the Organization and its volunteer program.
- Contribute to a “Team” environment by demonstrating respect and fair treatment without regard to gender, place of origin, sexual orientation, age, religion, political belief, color, physical or mental ability, or economic status.
- Refrain from the use of profane, harassing, or otherwise offensive language.
- Maintains on-going communications with the organization’s National office and CEO.
- Submit monthly reports as required (Monthly Activity Report by coordination volunteers and Monthly Time Reporting documents by all National and State Support Team level volunteers)