Foster Home Interviewer
This position is primarily responsible for interviewing potential Foster Home caregivers within designated areas within their state, promoting Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet© mission and purpose.
- Schedule a meeting with the potential foster home (all residents of the home should be at this meeting) to perform a Foster Home interview.
- Send the prepared and signed Foster Home Interview document to their assigned Foster Home Liaison or State Director and the National office.
- Schedule foster home follow up reviews on a monthly basis.
- Maintain a list of potential foster homes and foster homes actually fostering pets through our Foster Home program in their area.
- Prepare a monthly “Volunteer Time Report” and submit to the National office no later than 15th of each month following the reporting month.
- Assist the assigned Foster Home Liaison as part of the liaison team between the military service member and the agreed to Foster Home caregiver for his/her pet(s).
- Assist in recruiting potential foster home caregivers within their state and promote Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet© mission.
- A passion to help our military service members, veterans, and their beloved pets plus work with other people who share this passion
- Be a self-starter with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and management skills, plus able to work independently and as a “team” player.
- Understand, follow, and adhere to the Organization’s mission, purpose, operating procedures, and organizational policies and guidelines.
- Comfortable using and access to MS office (such as Word, Excel), communicate via the internet, phone calls, and email.
- Previous volunteer nonprofit managerial and animal experience helpful
- Able to commit at least 1 year in this position
- Estimated Hours Per Month: 10-15 hours
To apply for this position, click here.