Foster Coordination Liaison
Virtual Volunteer Role Overview:
The “Foster Coordination Liaison” (FCL) position is a virtual volunteer role for Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet© acting on behalf of the organization and responsible for assisting our Clients in recommending a potential foster home which closely emulates the pet(s) living environment and acting as the liaison between the legal military/veteran pet owner and the agreed Foster Home (Guardian Angel) to care for the pet(s) during the foster term.
This position reports to a Regional Director.
The selected volunteer does not have to reside in the same state(s) they are assigned to.
NOTE: Though this position is NOT responsible for attending local events as a representative of the organization, or doing presentations in their assigned state unless discussed and approval given in writing by the National CEO, the FCL is asked to promote the organization, its mission, programs, and other items as requested by our National office.
- Able to commit at least 1 year in this position
- Provide to provided required monthly reports (coordination activity and volunteer service hours) by the date as determined by the organization’s National office.
- Previous customer service, volunteer nonprofit managerial and animal related coordination/placement experience helpful
- Help promote the organization, its mission, and programs with others via sharing our flyers, brochures, and other items as requested by the organization’s National office.
- Be a self-starter, has excellent organizational, interpersonal, and management skills, plus able to work independently and as a “team” player.
- Understand and agree to follow and adhere to the Organization’s mission, purpose, operating procedures, and organizational policies/guidelines.
- Comfortable using and access to MS office (such as Word, Excel) or equivalent software such as “Open Office” (free software compatible with MS Office), and able to communicate via the internet, phone calls, and email.
- A passion to help our military service members, wounded warriors, veterans, and families of our fallen warriors.
- Interact and maintain communication with our registered potential foster homes, plus work with others (inside and outside the organization) as required
Estimated Volunteer Time per Month: 25-30 hours
(actual hours per month is variable on a state by state basis and military activity within a specific state)
To apply for this position, click here.