Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet like many “All Volunteer” 501c3 nonprofit organizations are only able to operate and accomplish its mission due to the generosity, time, and energy provided by those who wish to make a difference in our society. All of our volunteers are deeply appreciated and are critical in the daily operations of our organization.
- Have a passion to help our military service members, veterans, and their beloved pets plus work with others who share this passion. (personal opinion about the war should not affect your ability to support our Military)
- Be a self-starter, have excellent organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills, plus able to work independently and as a “team” player.
- Follow and adhere to the organization’s mission, purpose, operating procedures, and organizational policies/guidelines.
- Comfortable using and access to MS office (especially Word and Excel)
- Good and professional communication skills via the Internet, phone calls, and email.
- Previous experience in a specific volunteer role preferred
- Understanding of the military community and ability to interact with our clients.
- Able to commit at least 1 year to the volunteer role
Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet national organizstion currently has 4 levels of volunteers as defined following:
1. National Staff – virtual volunteers performing various roles in assisting the organization’s National CEO with specific projects and assisting our State level support teams. Check HERE for current volunteer opportunities.
2. National Office – volunteers located “on-site” at our national headquarters located at the MVP Sanctuary property in Coryel County, Gatesville, TX. Check HERE for current volunteer opportunnities.
3. State Support Teams – virtual volunteers who act as representatives between their respective state and the National office. Check HERE for current volunteer opportunities
4. Potential Foster Homes/Guardian Angels – volunteers registered as part of our national foster home database and those foster homes actually fostering specific pet or pets. See Fostering for more details related to registered as a potential foster home.