Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet “Military, Veteran, and Pet Sanctuary – TX”© (MVP Sanctuary-TX©) program/capital project purpose is another way to honor, remember, and support our military/ veteran communities, fallen warriors, military working dogs, and PTSD assistance canines by developing, establishing, and maintaining the MVP Sanctuary in Coryell County Texas (southwest of Gatesville. TX).
During January 2007 the Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet “Board of Directors” approved the following to be known as the MVP Sanctuary Project:
Develop a special place for these beloved pets when an approved foster home available when needed and expand the organization’s ability to assist our veterans and their beloved pets related to an unforeseen medical and/or homeless situation.
Establish the following:
- Official National Headquarters to accomplish the “day-to-day” operations of Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet and the first MVP Sanctuary.
- Dedicated area to honor &remember our fallen heroes and set up a special place for others to visit from across the country.
- Dedicated area to bring our veterans from VA Veteran Homes for a day of fishing and a picnic out in the country as another way to let our veterans they have not been forgotten.
- Dedicated area to honor and remember beloved pets who were in our foster home program that have crossed the Rainbow Bridge.
- Dedicated area to hold events for our military community including our veterans, their families, and beloved pets. Also will allow the organization to hold specific fundraising events.
Questions or interested parties who wish to become involved with this program/capital project may contact Program Director volunteer by phone (254-248-1818) or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We are looking toward forming various volunteer committees and looking for major donors and corporate sponsors. Volunteer opportunities information is provided HERE (Headquarters On-Site Volunteer Roles – MVP Sanctuary).
- Private Pet Care Facility: approximately 2800 square foot building to include a private pet care facility with initially 8 pet suites and their own private enclosed outside run, vet care and isolation room, admin office, on-site grooming, laundry capability, and lunch area for volunteers.
- Official National Office: approximately 800-1,000 square foot building to act as the Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet “National” office to perform required “day-to-day” operations of the organization and required administration of the organization’s programs.
- 3 Memorial Gardens:: involves develop of 3 separate memorial gardens related to (1) “Fallen Warriors” including TX Law Enforcement and First Responders; (2) “Military Working Dogs (MWDs)” ; and (3) “Remembering our Pets”.
- Event and Picnic Activities: dedicated areas for picnics/BBQs, events for our military and veteran community, covered pavilions, areas for activities such as volleyball, basketball, and horseshoes, and fundraising events for Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet needs and work in collaboration with other 501c3 military and veteran support organizations supporting all of our efforts
- Warriors’ Angels Training Facility: dedicated facility for training Warriors’ Angels (WA)Teams (Veteran Handler & Assistance Service Canine) in and around the Central Texas area. Full details about the Warriors’ Angels – TX provided HERE
“On-Site” security is being provided 24 hours/7 days a week to ensure property is secure and properly since 1 September 2010 with an on-site manufactured home which currently is (1) handling our national day-to-day operations until we can establish the official National HQ building and (2) the current residence for the CEO who is also responsible for the 24/7 property security.
With the establishment of the separate “Official National Office”, the manufactured home will continue as the residence of the individual responsible for the 24/7 property security and maintenance.
Updated: 30 November 2017