Military, Veteran and Pet (MVP) Sanctuary
Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet “MVP Sanctuary” program/capital project purpose and mission as another way to honor, remember, and support our military and veteran communities, military working dogs, and PTSD assistance canines by developing, establishing, and maintaining the MVP Sanctuary in Texas, approximately 14 miles west of Fort Hood in Coryell County (approximately 2 miles south of Gatesville off FM 116 on FM 1783).
Questions or interested parties who wish to become involved with this program/capital project may contact Program Director volunteer by phone (254-248-1818) or via email (email@example.com).
To learn more about each individual click on the project name which will take you to more details:
- Warriors’ Angels (WA) Training Facility: Establish an on-site training facility of WA Teams (specific service member/veteran and assigned Assistance Service Canine candidate) with approved program trainers in the Central Texas area and around Fort Hood.
- Private Pet Care Facility: approximately 2800 square foot building to include a private pet care facility with initially 8 pet suites and their own private enclosed outside run, vet care and isolation room, admin office, on-site grooming, laundry capability, and lunch area for volunteers.
- Official National Office: approximately 800-1,000 square foot building to act as the Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet “National” office to perform required “day-to-day” operations of the organization and required administration of the organization’s programs.
- 3 Memorial Gardens: will involve the develop 3 separate memorial gardens related to (1) “Fallen Warriors” (link to Fallen Warriors sub-page) including TX Law Enforcement and First Responders; (2) “Military Working Dogs (MWDs)” (link to Military Working Dogs sub-page); and (3) “Remembering our Pets” (link to Remembering our Pets sub-page.:
- Event and Picnic Activities: dedicated areas for picnics/BBQs, events for our military and veteran community, covered pavilions, areas for activities such as volleyball, basketball, and horseshoes, and fundraising events for Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet needs and work in collaboration with other 501c3 military and veteran support organizations supporting all of our efforts.
- “On-Site” Security: on-site residence 24 hours a day to ensure any pets on-site are never left alone and to ensure property is secure and properly maintained. This project was accomplished as of 1 September 2010 with the on-site manufactured home is housing our national day-to-day operations until we can establish the official National HQ building and the residence for the CEO who is on premises 24 hours 7 days a week.