Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet© is a national all-volunteer 501(c)3 Military and Veteran Support Organization assisting active duty service members, wounded warriors, veterans, and their beloved companion animals or assistance service canines through various assistance programs. These programs include: the Military and Veteran Pet Foster Home Program, Military Pet Assistance fund, and the Warriors’ Angels Program (TX only). Unless stated otherwise programs are available in all 50 states and all Branches of Service including National Guard and Reserves.
** Breaking News **
Who We Help
- Active Duty: single and dual military couples whose units have received deployment orders related to a combat or peacekeeping or humanitarian mission. (Foster term up to 1 year)
- Wounded Warrior: assistance related to a medical and/or homeless situation by working with the various VA medical assigned representative (mentor, counselor, social work, etc.) or the military Warrior Transition Unit (WTU) program. (Foster Term up to 1 year)
- Honorable/General Discharged Veteran: assistance related to a medical and/or homeless situation by working with the various VA Medical and Homeless Veteran Transition program representatives (mentor, counselor, case manager, etc.) (Foster Term between 3 – 9 months dependent on situation)
- Family of Deployed Hero: assistance related to a medical situation within the family that would have an impact for the family to care for their beloved pet during the spouse’s deployment. (Foster Term – same as deployment term)
- Military Family PCS: out of the country or to a different military installation within the continental US and taking their pet(s) with them, but due to airline restrictions (weather related) or regulations related to shots and quarantine requirements pet(s) are unable to travel at the same time as military service members. (Foster Term between 3-6 months)
- Ultimate Sacrifice: families impacted by the loss of a loved one (KIA or Suicide related) through the SOS or CAO representative. Family feels with everything unexpected happening at the moment they are unable to properly care for the MSM/family pet or pets- At the end of the foster term and they have decided not to keep the pet, then the family will be responsible for re-homing the pet or pets in the foster home program. (Foster Term up to 3 months)
Situations We Are Unable to Assist Pet Owner
- Individuals joining the Armed Forces going to Basic and Advanced Training as they are not considered an Active Duty Military Service Member until after graduation from AIT and officially assigned to a specific military installation
- DOD Employees/Independent Contractors who have accepted positions out of country, though they may be considered as supporting the deployed troops.
- Families PCSing out of country that have chosen not to take their pets with them where the PCS with a tour of duty longer than 1 year in duration.
Follow our story on our blog, http://tailsfromthefrontline.wordpress.com.
Also check out our affiliate organization, the MVP Sanctuary – Texas at www.mvpsanctuary.org.